USER RESEARCH TECHNIQUES
What they are
The in-depth interview is a fundamental research method for direct contact with participants. It serves to tell first-hand personal experiences, opinions, attitudes and perceptions of the participant.
Interviews can be structured -and follow a script of questions- or relatively unstructured, allowing for flexible detours in a conversational format. However, even in unstructured interviews, the researcher generally has a number of guiding topics that he or she hopes to address in the session.
We conduct interviews in person at our facilities, or, if necessary, remotely.
When to use them
- Before designing, in order to generate information that encourages the creation of Persona, Journey Maps and other necessary tools.
- When looking for insights of what users think of any site, application, product or process.
- To understand what’s important to users, and what ideas for improvement they have.
- To enrich contextual research studies with user perception.
- After usability testing to collect responses and perceptions related to observed behaviors.
Our services include
- Designing the study
- Recruiting and incentivizing participants
- Use of our facilities HD
- Streaming the sessions (if required)
- Simultaneous translation (if required)
- Analyzing, reporting and presenting the results
Powerpoint report including data collected during sessions and our analysis.
Session recordings (if necessary in several languages).
Generally 2-3 weeks from kick-off to delivery of results.