USER RESEARCH TECHNIQUES
What they are
Online surveys are a common method for collecting quantitative data. They are flexible in terms of the type of questions that can be asked and efficient in collecting a large amount of data in a short period of time, usually at a lower cost.
Because they allow working with large samples and statistically significant and/or comparable quantitative data with other surveys, they can help in making decisions relevant to a business.
When to use them
- They are mainly used in the phases prior to a design or redesign to know the opinion of the participants about specific topics.
- If you want to have great reach and scalability, it allows you to work with large samples without location limitations.
- If you want to perform a statistical analysis. When you want to access results quickly.
- If the budget is limited and you want to optimize costs.
- In the event that anonymity is required of the participants.
Our services include
- Designing the survey
- Recruiting and incentivizing participants
- Configuring the survey tool
- Monitoring of the field phase
- Analyzing, reporting and presenting the results
Powerpoint report including survey data filtered by user profile and our analysis
The timing of the study depends on the number and profile of participants involved. A typical study can take about 3 weeks from kick-off to delivery of results.